What happened to me last night ? A news from a random friend kept me stay awake a whole night long. I’m damn tired now.
Had been trying to get out of that thinking. It sucks. No way out. Trying to think about love, about guys, about travel but my eyes didn’t listen to my brain.
I have so much free time at work recently so I want to take advantage of it to paint my new blog in case some day in the future I’m dying being busy. I’m not sure about that but still feel it so close, something that a big move to my life.
Well, for now, I’m gonna draw out my plan to Kashmir, Leh, India from March 31, 2012 to Arpil 09, 2012.
Kashmir, the name I got to know a long time ago but it was vague. It almost came from the scarves I bought in Da Lat, a Highland in Vietnam. Kashmir to me is a magic land like a fairy tail with Aladdin and his magic lamp.
Then one day in 2011, not so far from this moment, I found out on phuot.com, a forum for Vietnamese travelers, some valuable information and experiences about Kashmir. The snowy moutains, the passes, the camels…all seemed to come back from that vague dream and pushed me make it come true.
Oh yeah! I got air tickets to Leh as follows:
From Saigon to Leh
- Sat, Mar 31, 2012: FD3721 -Saigon – Bangkok ; departing: 9:45am, arriving: 11:10am (estimated flight time: 1.25hrs)
- Sat, Mar 31, 2012: FD3796 – Bangkok – New Delhi; departing: 7:35pm; arriving: 10:25pm ( estimated flight time: 2.5hrs)
- Sun, Apr 01, 2012: IT3341 – Delhi- Leh; departing: 6:10am; arriving: 7:40am (estimated flight time: 1.5hrs).
I will have 02hrs hanging out around Bangkok on Sat (excluding transfer time and lunchtime) And I will have a whole night sleep at Indira Gandhi International Airport (Del) until 5:00am the next day before the flight to Leh.
Adventure time begins:
After checking out some travel agents for the service and rate, I think I will choose Yasmin Trek & Tours (http://www.yasminladakh.com/) for the best reasonable rate and the whole package they offer because backpackers are not allowed to spend too much.
The draft program is as follows:
Day 1 (Apr 1): transfer to hotel. Complete rest for acclimatization. Walk around Leh in the evening.
Day 2 (Apr 2): full day sightseeing in Indus valley. We will visit some famour monasteries such as: Shey Palace, Thiksey Gompa, Hemis Gompa. Overnight in Leh.
Day 3 (Apr 3): drive to Nubra Valley, the highest motorable road in the world over 18,380ft, Kardung La pass, visit Hunder village, ride camels, set up camp and stay overnight here .
Day 4 (Apr 4): 2 options
- Visit Pangong lake but it may be frozen.
- Follow Shyok river to a village. Then back to Leh.
Day 5 (Apr 5): Drive to Lik and trek to Yangthang, 5hrs.
Day 6 (Apr 6): trek to Hemis Shukpachan
Day 7 (Apr 7): trek to Temisgam and drive to Leh
Day 8 (Apr 8): fly to Delhi
From Leh to Saigon:
- Apr 8: IT3342 – Leh-Delhi; departing: 8:10am, arriving: 9:25am (estimated flight time: 1.15hrs)
- Apr 8: FD3797 – Delhi – Bangkok; departing: 11:10pm; arriving: 4:55am (estimated flight time: 6hrs –> ain’t I right?)
- Apr 9: FD3720- Bangkok – Saigon; departing: 7:45am; arriving: 9:15am.
We will have some time to walk around Del daytime. Not sure how long. Whatever, we should be at the airport around 9:00pm before the flight to Bangkok.
End of journey.